Android become popular, many people move their preference gadget to Android. Only Android platform hit positive market compare than other platform that exist before Android like Windows mobile. However, since our desktop computer still use Microsoft Windows Operating System with the office suite packet like Outlook. So, we need to synchronize the Android with the Outlook.
The one of android app which can handle this issue is Syncroid. Syncdroid is Outlook to Android calendar sync. It could synchronizes your Outlook client calendar with your Android calendar. The motivation of this application is purpose to synchronize Outlook with Android. There are many reasons to do so instead of using exchange synchronization. You might use Outlook without Exchange or work in a corporate environment which does not allow you to access Exchange directly. Android does not provide such an option. There are several paid solutions, which does not use original Android calendar application and some vendor specific ones too.
So, Syncroid is a good solution. It only synchronizes meetings (appointments) and only from PC to Android, but it can be extended to do both direction synchronization and synchronize contacts. I’m at the point when this application works fine for me, but if you find it useful you can dictate its future, features and implementation priorities.
For now, the app is FREE and will expire on 01.01.2011. After that, could be separate to 2 version, lite version as the FREE version with ,of course, limited feature compare with paid version.
In order to use this program you need to stop Android Calendar application from synchronizing. The only way to do it, is to stop auto synchronization. Currently calendar synchronization leads to deleting all custom calendars and their events and synchronizing all events in known calendars to Google online calendar. I’m searching for a way to stop Android calendar sync from deleting unknown calendars. In order to stop auto synchronization go to Settings -> Accounts & sync and deselect Auto-sync
1. Install Syncroid on your Android device and run it
2. Export your calendar data. This needs to be done at least once! It is currently not used because Android to Outlook synchronization is not supported yet. This is done automatically if Auto synchronize option is checked.
3. Mount your Android device as a drive to Windows.
4. If not installed install “syncroid_setup.exe” from “syncroid” folder of your Android drive and run the program. Installer and installed executable are code signed by me.
5. Send data to your Android device by double clicking on the “Syncroid” icon in Windows tray notification area. This is done automatically every several minutes if Auto synchronize option is checked.
6. Dismount your Android drive from Windows.
7. Import data from your Android program. This is done automatically when you dismount Android drive if Auto synchronize option of the Android program is checked.
Not sure if the app Syncdroid has already available in Android market. But if you did not find it, you could go HERE to download the apk file. Once again, this version of Syncdroid is FREE and for TEST. If you want to try just Download Outlook Sync for Android.