Skype for Android now available worldwide after just limited release for certain carrier and handset. As the leading VOIP application provider, Skype now widen their market on Android world. But it appears your time may have come, as Skype just announced the release of Skype for Android saying, “with this latest release, the majority of smart phone users globally will now be able to experience the benefits of Skype.”
Skype for Android has some features which we need to know to fit with our needs, here we go to below to know the features;
- Make free Skype-to-Skype calls over WiFi or mobile data connection (GPRS, EDGE, 3G)* to other Skype users anywhere in the world using Skype’s SILK codec for CD-like audio quality.
- Make low rate Skype calls to landline or mobile phones
- Send and receive instant messages to one or a group of friends on Skype
- Synchronize contacts between Skype and the native address book and after synchronization place Skype calls directly from the native address book.
- See when Skype contacts are online and available to call or chat
- Easily import names and numbers to the Skype application from the native address book
- Receive calls on their Skype online number
However, I did not use Skype regularly since I don’t have good internet connection. But the last time I use the skype, it is better than Yahoo and other provider. And now, with Skype fully support to Android, I believe the quality will be on the top and look forward to continued improvements.
Skype for android surely as the one of the must install application on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and the X10 family like X10 mini and X10 mini pro. Even though, the Xperia X10 still use the old fashioned of Android, no matter and differences since the Skype has improved their capability to handle VOIP as the major feature of application.
So, do you like about Skype and would you like to see in Skype for Android?