Download Tether WiFi for Android phone which allow us to thether android phone with PC over WiFi through an ad hoc connection. However, to getting tether WiFi works smoothly, This app only works with phones that have root/super user access. After that you could tethers android phone internet (3g, edge) connection to the PC. The connection between android phone and PC is over wifi
by the way, to use this application at your own risk. for any damage that may result from using this application, rooting your phone, or anything else which this site may suggest, developer is not responsible. Also by using this type of application may or may not be allowed by your cell phone provider, check your agreement(s) and contract(s) with your cell phone provider before using this application. Read the full End User License Agreement here before installing, downloading, or using this application.
To use this application you must have super user (aka root, su) access on your phone. The super user access is used to run some linux executables to acheive tethering. If you do not have super user access or do not know what it is visit this wiki for G1, Magic, Nexus One, and Droid users and click on your device. HTC EVO 4g, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, HTC Hero users visit Unrevoked.
Here is a few notes about the application:
- To install this application, download it from the Google Android market and install it.
- To start the tethering just click on the start tether button.
- To stop the tethering just click on the stop tether button.
- Your Wifi will be turned off for this application. If your wifi is ON, this app will turn it off when you hit start and then turn it back on when you hit stop. Your wifi will actually be on when this service is running, but in ad hoc mode as opposed to the normal mode, so you will not see the wifi symbol, you may notice your battery drain faster.
- After the wifi tethering service starts, you can connect to your phone from your pc. There will be an ad hoc network with a SSID (wireless network name) of Android, this can be changed in the settings. Connect to this ad hoc network (you may have to enable connections to ad hoc networks).
- As your PC(s) connect you will see them come up in a DHCP clients list below the start and stop buttons.
- You can also enable MAC filtering, so that you can limit what can connect through your phone. To do so, add MAC addresses to the MAC filter list and then select Enable MAC Filtering from the Options Menu
- To add/remove MAC addresses to the filter list, you can either long click an item from the DHCP clients list or you can select the View MAC Filter List from the Options Menu
- This program makes your phone act as an ad hoc Wifi NAT router with an IP of 10.0.0.2 and will give your PC a DHCP lease of 10.0.0.x, you can change these settings
- This app is now released and stable, but if you have any problems or see any bugs post send developer an email. Contact developer through the market contact info.
- View the licensing page for licensing details.