This is important for anyone who want to fix accelerometer on Galaxy S2 T-Mobile android phone. The problem happens after you update your Galaxy S2 to the latest Android OS version, Android ICS firmware was leaked for the AT&T Samsung galaxy S2 Skyrocket. This custom ROM was coming out a few days a go and many of Galaxy S2 owners insist to update their phone to the leaked Android ICS.
Unfortunately the accelerometer doesn’t work, accelerometer is very useful and responsible for functions such as auto rotation of the screen. But you will be find below how to fix accelerometer issue on Galaxy S2. One of the Independent Android developer in XDA just released a modification to help you to get the correct functions of accelerometer by using a few files from the Android ICS firmware leaked for Samsung Galaxy Note for At&T. But if you are using Android 2.3.Gingerbread on your phone, please ignore this article because it is not fit for you.
Install Accelerometer Fix on T-Mobile Samsung galaxy S2
Let’s follow the instruction below to fix accelerometer on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. But please notice if this is only for the leaked firmware version of Android ICS for Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Not sure if the following instruction also fit for others Galaxy S2. Read on to find out how you can install the accelerometer fix on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 by following instructions below.
– Download the accelerometer fix file from download link.
– Transfer the zip file downloaded in step 1 to the internal SD card on your phone.
– Turn off the phone, then boot into recovery mode. For this, press and hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP + Volume Down + Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
– Perform a Nandroid Backup of your ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this hack. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Restore your backup using the restore option when needed. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
– Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the fix’s zip file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install ______.zip on the next screen.
– After the installation is complete, select go back and then select reboot system now to reboot your phone.
– Once the phone boots up, enable the auto rotation option in your launcher, and also calibrate the gyroscope from Settings » Display menu.
Now your accelerometer on Galaxy S2 works correctly. Let’s check directly with your phone, do some rotation on your phone to know accelerometer works or not. That’s it. We suggest you visit the original page to find any update to fix accelerometer.
Hopefully the article useful for you especially for anyone who looking for the how to fix accelerometer on Galaxy S2 T-Mobile.