Acer has launched its Android tablet called as ICONIA A500. The Acer tablet is 10.1″ Android 3.0 Honeycomb running tablet with 4G LTE connectivity. It has dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera, HDMI port, WiFi and Bluetooth. The tablet has claimed as Motorola Xoom tablet lite version. However, this is a good android tablet with good specifications.
And now, we need to root the Acer Iconia. So, how to root an Acer Iconia A500 Android tablet? To root the tablet, we need modified version of gingerbreak. You could find the .apk file below along with the rooted instructions.
Below is the walkthrough of how to root this device;
- Ensure USB debugging mode is turned on and unknown sources is selected
- Need a microSD card inserted and turn the tablet on portrait and lock it with the switch to fix it in portrait
- Download and execute the modified version of gingerbreak.apk file
- After gingerbreak .apk file installed, run the root procedure within the app which was installed
- Please wait and you will receive full root access
Acer Iconia A500 Android tablet is WiFi version while for 3G will be use Acer Iconia A501. You could try also these instructions above to root Iconia A501. Please before you root the Iconia, you have backup and rooting the device may avoid your warranty.