The good news was just coming yesterday because now you can download OTA Update 5.7.906 for Droid 3. The update coming as the latest update for Android 2.3.4 firmware but this is leakage update which taken from Motorola’s server. However no mentioned regarding to the leakage update for Droid 3 but some users have been confirm if this update fixes mounting SD card as logical drive problem that faces on version 5.7.905.
However if it is not worth to try, please stay calm by waiting the official release by Motorola because if you download OTA update 5.7.906 for Droid 3 than flashing to your device, you will be unable to revert to stock/previous firmware on your device. Once again, ensure you keep that in mind before you try it out.
- Rooted Droid 3 with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings
- Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc.
- ensure you have at least 50% battery power in your Droid 3.
How to Update Droid 3 with firmware 5.7.906
- Download the update file from download link
- Transfer the downloaded zip file from step 1 to the SD card on your phone.
- Then, boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
- Select “wipe data / factory reset” –> then select “Yes – wipe data/factory reset” on the next screen.
- Now select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard (from step 2) and select it.
- Confirm installation on the next screen by selecting “Yes — Install ________.zip”. The update will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Well done, now you Droid 3 running with new Android 2.3.4 firmware version 5.7.906. Don’t forget to visit the original page to get the latest update about how to update Droid 3 with new firmware version of Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.