Good news happen today since one of XDA member release a tutorial to how to install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. The Samsung Skyrocket is Samsung Android phone that release for AT&T customer. So, the tutorial is only compatible for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket model# SGH-I727. Very important to check you device’s model number by accessing Settings > About device in your phone before attempt to flash it. Because if you flash it on an incompatible device, as it could cause damage to your device and brick it.
The touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket has been managed by XDA member sk8erwitskil. This is a beta version but it is working fine after initial teste by read testers. The testers were able to perform usual flashes without any problem. However the touch CWM recovery for Skyrocket is fakeflash version that doesn’t replace the regular recovery on your Skyrocket android phone. That’s mean no effect happen to your original CWM recovery that you have on your Samsung Skyrocket Android phone. Hopefully soon the stable version will be release by developer with many bugs solved to ensure the real touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket working.
Until that moment comes to us, let’s find the tutorial how to install Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket. But once again these steps and methods included in this guide are considered risky. Please do not attempt to try this unless you know exactly what you are doing.
1. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket with Clockworkmod recovery installed
2. Fully charged battery
3. Download cwmrt5504.zip file to your PC
4. Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of internal sd card on your phone, via USB cable
5. Power off the phone, and reboot to recovery
6. In recovery, perform a full backup of your existing ROM, by first Selecting Backup & restore, and then Backup on the next screen. This is a precautionary measure, so that you can revert to your earlier setup, in case something goes wrong with the current installation
7. Now scroll to “Install zip from sd card” and select it.
8. On the next screen, Select “Choose zip from sd card” , and then select the “cwmrt5504.zip” file you transferred to the sd card. This will start installation of the new touch CWM recovery.
After the installation is complete, the phone will boot directly into the new recovery. The colors may look a little wonky, but the recovery is fully functional. At this point, you can test the new CWM touch-recovery by trying a backup, or installing a custom ROM. If you reboot recovery, the phone will go back to the original Clockworkmod recovery.
Your Skyrocket now ready to use touch ClockworkMod recovery. Once again this is fake flash and no CWM recovery replacement. However if you want to know more deeply regarding the touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket just visit the original development page in XDA forum. And please drop your comment below to let us know your experience when you follow the How to install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket.