Let’s say thank you to the CWM team because now we can install touch ClockworkMod recovery to HTC Sensation. This is another success to install CWM recovery to any Android phones. Last time we can install ClockWorkMod recovery for Samsung Galaxy S II even it needs more hard work to ensure the touch CWM recovery ready to use for public.
Now, this time the ClockWorkMod recovery touch based lands on HTC Sensation. Of course, this is the great Android phone from HTC with qHD resolution screen. And now here we go how to install touch clockworkmod recovery to HTC Sensation.
But before you do this activity, you should know the risk and back up your data as recommended action to prevent data loss. And the custom recovery is only applicable for HTC Sensation. It’s not compatible with other devices. Let’s find the guide below how to install touch CWM recovery to HTC Sensation.
However before you jump to guidance below, please consider the pre-install requirements to ensure you are on the right track to install new touch CWM recovery for HTC sensation. Your HTC Sensation must rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed, fully charged battery, and ADB and Fastboot support, along with the relevant device drivers on your PC. Now, let’s find the guidance below
1. Download CWM Touch Recovery for HTC Sensation from Download Links
Filename: recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-pyramid.img – Size: 4.8 MB
2. Rename the file to “recovery.img”
3. Copy the ‘recovery.img‘ file to the folder where fastboot.exe is located on your PC.
4. Power off the phone. Wait for 45 to 60 seconds so that it is completely powered off
5. Reboot to fastboot mode by hold the volume down button and press the power button. After a few seconds your phone will boot into a screen that gives you several options, including fastboot and recovery. Select the fastboot option–(This is usually the default option and will be highlighted in blue, just press the Power button to select it)
6. Now you are in Fastboot mode. Connect the Sensation to your PC via USB cable.
On your PC, go to the folder where fastboot.exe is located. While holding the shift key down on your PC keyboard, right click inside the folder, and Select “Open Command Window Here“. This should open up a command prompt window or DOS prompt. Now type in the following command in the DOS window
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img than press Enter
This will initiate the flashing of the new recovery to your device. Once the flashing is complete, select ’Bootloader’ in the main hboot menu, and then scroll to Recovery and select it using the Power button.
Your phone should reboot into the new Touch Clockworkmod Recovery.
The installation process is finished. Now you can enjoy your new touch CWM recovery on your HTC Sensation without needed to press volume and power buttons. However if you would like to more details regarding the touch CWM recovery for HTC Sensation, you can visit to the original development page. Hopefully the updated version will available with new features and easier to install. But for now, if you interesting with new CWM recovery, let’s go to Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery to HTC Sensation.