MIUI has just release new MIUI v4 ROM for Galaxy Nexus, called as UltimateMIUI. The UltimateMIUI is a new MIUI 4 based custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus which already running on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. Samsung Galaxy Nexus with 4.65? HD SAMOLED screen is one of the best screens available today to enjoy MIUI’s beautiful interface and that’s why MIUI lovers should try this ROM on their phones.
Here we would like to share how to install UltimateMIUI on Samsung Galaxy Nexus and hopefully it will help you to enjoy MIUI’s experience. The step by step instructions will guide you to ensure you can flash UltimateMIUI ROM on your Galaxy Nexus.
But please notice known issues on UltimateMIUI where Gallery force closes sometimes, just give it a go second time. Hopefully in next version this issue will be fixing. But it is not a big deal since the UltimateMIUI ROM offers beautiful user interface to expand capability of Samsung Galaxy Nexus screen.
Before you can install UltimateMIUI on Samsung Galaxy Nexus, you must have some requirements to ensure the UltimateMIUI ROM installation on your Galaxy Nexus success. You must installed ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy Nexus Galaxy Nexus. This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD card, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. This Android backup guide would help you. And please ensure the battery is sufficiently charged, at least 50% is recommended.
Once you have already done with requirements above, now you can continue to install UltimateMIUI on Galaxy Nexus by following some instruction below.
- Download the latest version of the ROM from the official development page download link.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the root of the SD card on your HTC Sensation (i.e don’t put it inside any folder).
- Turn off the phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery. To do this, press the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode. Here, press Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- [Optional] Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select backup and restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
Let’s perform a wipe
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm.
- Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install ______.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
That’s it, now UltimateMIUI ROM is installed and running on your Galaxy Nexus. Enjoy your Galaxy Nexus with beautiful MIUI ROM. To ensure you have the latest update of UltimateMIUI please visit the original development page. Because very important to get the latest update, perhaps some new features and bug fixes apply on it before you install UltimateMIUI on Galaxy Nexus.