Today I would like to share how to overclock Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx. By overclocking the CPU you can overclock the 1.2 Ghz dual core CPUs to get the more power of it or underclock the CPU to save battery. It happens since one of modder just releases the overclock and underclock profile method for your Motorola Android phone to different maximum and minimum frequencies.
However the overclocking is dangerous activity for your phone because the CPU runs out of specs that stated by manufacturer. It supposed damage to your phone, but if you insist to try it, that’s mean you know with the risks.
Let’s find step by step tutorial How to Overclock/Underclock Droid RAZR/RAZR Maxx
1. Download and install the Script Manager app from Google Play Store on your phone
2. Download the Overclock zip file from download link -Filename: mo_simp_1.5_spyder-signed.zip-
3. Transfer the mo_simp_1.5_spyder-signed.zip file to the root of your external SD card.
4. Boot into recovery.
5. Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Scroll to the overclock zip file mo_simp_1.5_spyder-signed.zip and select it.
Confirm installation on next screen by selecting “Yes”.
6. Now reboot your phone after flashing is complete.
Afterward please download the overclock or Underclock profile of your choice from the original development page, please register on the website to download the files. When you download a profile, please do like this, right-click on the download link, select ‘Save Target As’, then save it on your computer -It will be saved as a text file-.
Now transfer the download profile’s .txt file to your internal SD card. Open Script Manager from the apps menu on your phone. Browse to the overclock/underclock profile .txt file and select it. Then, press the Su button at the top of the screen, then press the Boot button. Then, press the Save button the top right corner of the screen. Reboot your phone, then enjoy using your Overclock Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx
Back to Stock Clock Profile
If you would like to return back to the stock/default clock profile, please follow some steps below.
- Download the stock clock profile from the development page (again right-clicking to save it).
- Then repeat transfer profile’s .txt file steps above to go back to the stock profile.
That’s all. Hopefully the tutorial useful to help you overclock Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx.