Finally the easy way to root Acer Iconia A100 on Android ICS releases to public. The method is like SuperOneClick that allows you to root your Android devices with single one click through your computer. Since Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is a new and the latest Android version from Google, Not so many developers outside publish their works to help us to root Android devices which running Android ICS.
Fortunately Acer Iconia A100 on Android ICS has already the easy root method and we love to share the method. Even there are many rooting method Acer Iconia A100 available in Internet but the methods have a little bit complex that not suitable for common users to do. This new method even is not new but it automates. So you no need to do much effort except connect your Acer Iconia A100 to the computer than just sit back and relax when your Iconia A100 rooted.
However you need to know some pre-installation requirements before root Acer Iconia A100 on Android ICS. You must ensure some conditions below have been applied
1. Acer Iconia A100 with Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
2. USB Debugging enabled. You can enable it from Settings » Applications » Development by checking the USB Debugging option (or Settings » Development options if you can’t find it in Applications » Development).
3. USB drivers for the Iconia A100 installed. If you don’t have, download the driver from download link.
Now we can start to root Acer Iconia A100 on Android ICS by following the instructions below
- Download the root package ICS_rooting.Zip from download link
- Extract ICS_rooting.zip file anywhere on your computer to obtain a folder named ICS_rooting.
- Connect your A100 to your computer and ensure USB Debugging is enabling.
- Go to ICS_rooting folder and double-click the runit-win file to start the rooting procedure (Linux users will need to execute the runit-linux.sh file).
- After the device is rooted, head over to the Android Market on your tablet to download Superuser, which will let you grant root access to applications.
It’s done. Now your Acer Iconia A100 rooted. However you can visit the original page to get the latest update regarding this method. Perhaps the developer releases a new version of the ICS_rooting.Zip file. But for now, this is the easy way to root Acer Iconia A100 on Android ICS.