Sony Ericsson plans to release Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update to Xperia Android phones family. This update will bring new functionality and features to the Xperia phone. The update to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread will start from October 2011. But unfortunately, the update is only applicable for Xperia 2011 family smartphones. Its mean Xperia X10 exclude from this update. Sad to say, but hopefully someone in XDA forum will help us to port the update to the Xperia X10 as well as how to rooted Xperia X10.
The Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 update to Xperia 2011 family phones will focusing on Google Talk with Video Chat, Sony Ericsson’s unique social experience provided by Facebook inside Xperia™ and 3D sweep panorama technology so that images can be captured and then viewed in 3D by connecting the phone to a 3D TV using the HDMI output. If we read to what the main key for the update, it will depend to the hardware capability. Video chat is using 2 camera, front and rear camera while X10 is only have 1 rear camera 8.1mega pixels.
By the way, please check out the full list of Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 update to Xperia 2011 family phone below:
- Xperia™ smartphones to be upgraded to the 2.3.4 version of the Gingerbread platform with new features including Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia™ functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities
- Xperia™ smartphones introducing world’s first 3D sweep panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- The software upgrade enables consumers to turn their Xperia smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock™ multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Swipe text input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone
Just want to say, this is great update from Sony Ericsson to their Android smartphone line up especially for the latest Xperia 2011 family phones. Hopefully, the company will do same way for upcoming Android phones or Android tablets. For now, congrats for any owner of Xperia 2011 family phone for Sony Ericsson Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 update.