Good news just coming today because as of now you can update Dell Streak 7 to Android 4.0 ICS. Even this is not official firmware version released by Dell but the custom ROM which developed by Android independent developer offers many features and improvement even some known issue comes out on this beta version.
The custom ROM Android 4.0 ICS for Dell Streak 7 based on CyanogenMod 9 with the latest Android 4.0.3 firmware. That’s why some Android ICS features along with the custom ROM. However once the procedure to update Dell Streak 7 to Android 4.0 ICS is applied the warranty will get void. You must relock the bootloader again if you would like to reclaim the warranty, we will try to come up with the procedure how to relocking the bootloader Dell Streak 7 on XperiaAndroid.
The custom ROM Android 4.0 ICS for Dell Streak 7 comes with known working features such as wifi, Gapps, audio, touchscreen, overclocking, Superuser, rotation sensors/accelerometer, native screenshoots (power and volume- to activate), capacitive buttons, video acceleration, GPS, ADB, and system mount. While for known issues are not working on this version such as 3G/4G radios, camera, and some lagging issue. So, if you think the custom ROM is not worth to try, just let your Dell Streak 7 runs with existing ROM but if you want to know how Android 4.0.3 ICS working on the phone, let’s continue to read the article.
But before update Dell Streak 7 to Android 4.0 ICS, please backup first your data to ensure your valuable information not erased or corrupted. You can use many Android apps backup and restore apps to do this task. Also you must ensire the minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Don’t forget to disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process. And ensure that you have installed the Clock Work Mod recovery in the device and also the ADB should be installed in your device.
And the last one is please enable the USB Debugging in your Dell Streak 7 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Download the ICS Firmware Package from download link to your computer and once it’s downloaded, you can then connect your Dell Streak 7 with the computer and place the downloaded Zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device. Please note that you will have to rename the file as “update.pkg” before you paste the same in the Device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off the same so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode.
- The fast boot mode can be entered by holding down Volume Down Rocker Key (Vol Down)+ POWER Button (Power) simultaneously until menu appears.
- Select File in Recovery Mode
- Type “c:streak fastboot -i 0x413c reboot” and ensure that phone doesn’t reboot as you need to press the Volume Up and Down and press the Power button instantly so as to turn the phone ON in the recovery mode
- Select the option of “upgrade ROM from update.pkg from sdcard” option with the help of the Volume down key and press the camera button to start the process after the confirmation message displayed on the screen.
- Once you are done with the update, you need to select the option of “Go Back” and then reboot the phone to enjoy the Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware.
Now you need to wait until the phone boot up, at least 5 minutes which needed by the phone as the first boot after applying the Android 4.0 ICS firmware. However you need to remove the battery and reboot again if you face longer time than 5 minutes to boot up.
Hopefully the article is useful for you who want to update Dell Streak 7 to Android 4.0 ICS.